Faculty Resource NetworkAn academic partnership devoted to faculty development. Now in our fourth decade, we remain committed to this partnership, and to fostering connection, collaboration, and collegiality among our members.
Scholar Remote Fellowship Program
The Scholar Remote Fellowship affords Network faculty the opportunity to pursue research projects supported by the vast digital holdings of New York University’s Division of Libraries. Scholars accepted into the program will be granted electronic access for up to one year to over one million e-books and 166,000 e-journals in NYU’s online collections, connecting them to the scholarship of the world from their home or office. Scholars also receive access to additional online resources.
Selection for participation in the program is highly competitive. Applicants are required to submit applications detailing their intended scholarly activities to their institution’s Faculty Resource Network Liaison Officer. Liaison Officers then forward applications to the Network office for final selection.
How to Apply
Several prerequisites must be met for participation in the Network’s Scholar Remote Fellowship program:
- The applicant must be a full-time faculty member at a member institution of the Faculty Resource Network A list of Faculty Resource Network member institutions may be found on our website, https://facultyresourcenetwork.org/membership/membership-institutions/
- The proposed project must be sound and have scholarly merit.
- New York University must have the resources necessary to be of substantial benefit to the applicant’s project goals.
To be considered for participation, applicants must submit to their campus Liaison Officer proposals that describe research or curricular development projects which would be advanced by participation in this program at New York University. These proposals should indicate ways in which the faculty member would benefit as a scholar and a teacher and ways in which the project would enhance the academic life of the home institution.
The application deadlines for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 are:
- Tuesday, February 21, 2020 for the Fall 2020 term (Wednesday, September 9, 2020 – Friday, December 11, 2020)
- Friday, September 28, 2020 for the Spring 2021 term (Monday, January January 27, 2021 – Friday, May 7, 2021)
Applicants may apply for one or more semesters listed. However, continued library access will be renewed only upon receipt of the report on the previous semester’s activities. Should your application be received after the deadline for the semester requested, it will be processed for the following semester.