FRN Leadership Initiative
When: Fall 2021 / Spring 2022
Call for Applications
Proposal Submission Deadline: Monday, July 15, 2021, 11:59pm EDT (NYC time)
FRN LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE DESCRIPTION
The FRN Leadership Initiative will prepare emerging leaders to transform their own campuses by getting them to recognize opportunities to lead up, down, and sideways. This program will also build a leadership community across the FRN for continuing leaders who want to facilitate change and maximize collaboration within and between institutions. Ultimately, the goal of this program is to contribute to the transformation of the higher education ecosystem.
The grant for this initiative requires that participants teach or lead in the core humanities and arts disciplines or from departments strongly inflected by the humanities, such as communication, geography, or anthropology, whose work is primarily based on cultural/historical analysis.
For this inaugural series, we will accept up to 24 participants. The official launch of this virtual program is Fall 2021. The duration of the entire program will be over two semesters, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
The grant for this initiative requires that participants teach or lead in the core humanities and arts disciplines, or from departments that are strongly inflected by the humanities, such as communication, geography, or anthropology whose work is largely based in cultural/historical analysis.
Applications close on Monday, July 15, 2021, 11:59pm EDT (NYC time). You will be notified no later than, Friday, August 13, 2021, if your application is accepted.
Here are the sessions:
- Thursday, September 9, 2021, 5-6pm EDT (NYC time) Welcome / Overview to the FRN Leadership Initiative
- Friday, September 10, 2021, 11am – 12:30pm EDT (NYC time) Self Leadership (Values of Leadership / What are your Core Values?), Dr. Daniel Rodriguez Howell, the University of Puerto Rico in Humacao
- Friday, September 24, 2021, 11am – 12pm EDT (NYC time) FRN Leadership Initiative Book Club
- Friday, Oct 8, 2021 (Time TBD) – Interpersonal Leadership (Difficult Conversations / Conflict Management), Assistant Vice President for Inclusive Global Student Leadership & Engagement Leah Lattimore, NYU
- Friday, October 22, 2021, 11am – 12pm EDT (NYC time) FRN Leadership Initiative Diagnostic Review
- Friday, Nov 12, 2021, 11am – 12pm EDT (NYC time) FRN Leadership Initiative Book Club
- Friday, January 28, 2022, 11am – 12pm EST (NYC time) FRN Leadership Initiative Book Club
- Friday, February 25, 2022, 11-12:30pm EST (NYC time), Team Leadership (Building High-Performing Teams that Learn and Adapt), Associate Provost Rosalie Richards, Stetson University
- Friday, March 11, 2022, 11am – 12pm EST (NYC time) FRN Leadership Initiative Book Club
- Friday, March 25, 2022, 11am-12:30pm EDT (NYC time) Systems Leadership (Leading Change), President Mary Schmidt Campbell, Spelman College.
- Friday, April 8, 2022, 11am – 12pm EDT (NYC time) FRN Leadership Initiative Reflection and Celebration
Please note the Self Leadership, Interpersonal Leadership, Team Leadership, and Systems Leadership dates are subject to change. However, the other dates and times are fixed.
Fierce Conversations FRN Book Club Pilot – Spring 2021
We are conducting another book club pilot, Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time by Susan Scott, for the FRN Leadership Initiative.
The four, book club pilot dates will be on Fridays at 11am–noon EDT (NYC time) on May 21, June 11, and June 18, 2021 and at 10-11am on June 4.
Applications have closed.
Brené Brown’s Dare To Lead Book Club Series Pilot – Spring 2021
Applications have closed. The four, book club pilot dates were on Fridays at 2–3 pm EST (NYC time) on February 5 & 26, March 19, and April 9.